Oregon’s Hats for Hope Initiative is looking for some crocheters and knitters who would like to the homeless and the working poor by making hats and scarves. There are many ways to help – even if you do not crochet or knit.
- Join other crafters once a month in the SE Portland/Milwaukie/Clackamas area to socialize while we work.
- Make the hats and scarves at home and then Instant Message (IM) the coordinator so they can be delivered with the other donations.
- Donate Yarn, and other items.
- Help write and attach notes on each hat/scarf before distribution.
- Provide a ride to a fellow crafter or help deliver the donations.
This charity is a spin-off of Emily’s Hats for Hope Intuitive. My name is Cathy and I am the coordinator for the Oregon Spin-off. I launched this organization on May 31, 2013. However, my health and a death in the family have kept me from operating full time. Since I began, I have crocheted donations the homeless in Portland. Others have donated as well.
It is time to fulfill the organization’s objective! Winter is fast approaching and that means cold men, women, and children. Oregon’s Facebook page link is below. Please leave a comment here, on the Facebook page, or IM me with your interest. I will respond very soon, no longer than a day.
Written by Cathy Milne
Image of Crochet Hooks Courtesy of Jessie’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Image of Yarn With Knitting Needles Courtesy of Tobi Mattingly’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
All Other Images Courtesy of Cathy Milne – Used With Permission